Sunday, July 19, 2009

I am back and thoughts on Beer

So it has been awhile since I had posted but I had taken a long vacation (well deserved?) and reviewed some of the comments I had gotten from readers. One of which was don't you ever do anything fun? So as we all focus on the crap that is coming out of Washington, I will also take some time to look at the lighter side of life and the various things happening in and around the Bay State. One fun thing we did was to tour the Anheuser-Busch brewery up in Merrimac, NH. We had a very good time although the weather wasn't the greatest and I sampled some of the new brews (favorite was the Beach Bum Blonde) that both me and Mrs. Roman liked. She also was partial to the Michelob Ultra brew that came (in one choice) flavored with fruit (Grapefruit and Orange I think). Definitely not the ultimate man's brew but I admit it was a pleasing summery type drink. I also sampled the BL Lime. I remember a beer that was out a while ago called Tequiza that was also a Budweiser product which has since been discontinued. I recall liking that product a lot more than BL Lime but again, a good summer brew I suppose.

A good time though and of course I really enjoyed the free brew. BTW my favorite was the Amberbock by Michelob.

A shout of thanks to the folks at Merrimac for having a great tour. Head over to the Michelob website to play the "foam game". A game I am sorry to say I have never played before.

More to come. It is good to be back.

OS

No comments:

Post a Comment