Thursday, December 3, 2009

Losing Weight

I have tried a slew of things to try and drop weight so having a blog online that in effect holds me accountable is something I thought I would try.
I am 6′6″ and weighed in today and 285.5. According to an online BMI calculator, that puts me in the obese category (with a BMI of 33). Wow!
I have tried all sorts of diets and in truth most of it has worked. I did atkins in 2005 and dropped almost 40 lbs. I felt great and the best thing about that diet is that it made me a little lighter so I could work out and feel a little more confident. Sadly, I threw away everything smart that I learned on that diet and went back to my old ways.
I also did South Beach and like Atkins it worked. But the real challenge is to change your lifestyle which is something I have not done.
Since having kids (2 young ones) more crappy food has been around then I have been exposed to before (Devil Dogs, snack cakes) and to be honest, I don’t even like them, I grab them because it is convenient.
Finally I don’t have time to work out. Or rather, I don’t make time to work out. That is the god honest truth. I used to be in decent shape with martial arts, weight lifting, etc. and now I have let myself go. No excuse – just stating the fact.
So I will use this journal to continue to hold myself accountable. I don’t need pancakes for breakfast or to over eat when we go out to eat. I will track what I eat and see if I can get my ass moving a little better. It will be slow going but maybe reading this blog will re-motivate me.

Breakfast
  1. Wrap (60 calories) + 2 eggs+ small amount of mozz cheese – 340 calories?
  2. Snack (1030) – TLC Granola Bar (140 calories)

No comments:

Post a Comment