Thursday, November 8, 2007

UK Education or a really interesting present.

I am finding some very interesting stories that make me scratch my head and wonder how come my school experience was so dull when compared to schools these days (see my post here for an example). Well I just read a story from Fox News (which linked to the original story found on the UKs Sky.com) and I had to comment on it. The headline should give the reader all they need to know which is "Stripper Mistakenly Sent to School, Whips Teen". No I am not kidding as the Fox News story reports. This has to be read to be believed.

The sordid story notes in part: “Officials at a U.K. high school were aghast after a stripper visited a student during class and whipped him in front of other students and a horrified teacher”. Note that it was supposed to be a “gorilla gram” from his mother but instead he got a stripper. Oh and note that the child was turning 16. The Sky News story notes that the mixup was due to a “booking error”. I would say so!!!

So what I found interesting (and a little disturbing) is that the gift was okayed by the teacher who was actually on hand to video tape the “surprise”. One witness described the event thusly:

"She asked the lad to stand up, which he did, and told him he had been a very naughty boy because he hadn't been doing his homework.

"Then she put on some Britney Spears music and got out a collar and lead from her bag and told him to put them on."

I know what you are thinking. Where the hell was the teacher? Well he was videotaping the event as previously arranged by the lad’s mom. So this was ok with him or her? But wait it gets better. After the witness noted that the lad had been “spanked” in the class room the stripper “…took off some clothes until she was down to her bra and pants, pulled out some cream, put it on her buttocks and told him to rub it in"

The teacher finally intervened as he or she was “shocked”. It took the teacher that long to be shocked and put an end to the show? I guess the handcuffs, dog collar and spanking was ok. What the hell is wrong with that teacher and why would the teenager allow himself to be humiliated like that? I would sue the ass off of the company and the school for an act like that but then again, I would probably not enjoy publicly humiliating my child like that. I guess the teacher was ok with everything up to and including the striptease but rubbing cream on buttocks – hey there are some standards in this fine UK classroom and school.

I can only imagine that the teacher was afraid to take some stand against decency due a fear that he or she would be sued by the parent and would appear to be not cool or whatever a teacher is concerned about these days. I wonder how much class time was lost due to this stupid prank. I wonder what sort of boundaries are allowed in UK schools (and US schools) and it worries me that something so blatantly inappropriate was allowed to go on for so long. Maybe if the stripper had a toy gun (she was dressed up as a policeman) the teacher could have exercised some moral outrage but instead the class had to wait until the cream made an appearance. I love the UK beer but their schools I wonder about. But who are we to criticize when we have schools like the ones in Maine.


Outspoken Roman

No comments:

Post a Comment